The launcher is needed to start FFXIV version 1.23b and make it connect to server emulators.
- A valid installation of the game (any version, patching the game to version 1.23b is supported)
- Windows XP SP3 or +
The workshop is a program that can be used to visualise the game's data and create data that will be used by the server emulator.
- Fully patched installation of the game (v1.23b required)
- Windows Vista or +
- DirectX 11 with DirectX 11 compatible video card.
You can get the source code for the server and all related utilities from the project's GIT repository:
This should compile on Windows with Visual Studio 2012 and on FreeBSD 9.2 with clang 3.3 (CMake required). Other UNIX based platforms should work but are not tested.
The project also depends on several libraries:
- Play! Framework - Utility library originally written for my emulation projects - https://github.com/jpd002/Play--Framework
- Palleon Engine - Engine used for rendering in some of the utilities - https://github.com/jpd002/Palleon
- libmysqlclient - Available here for Windows, also available on FreeBSD as a port.
- boost C++ libraries - Using version 1.55.0 - http://boost.org
Patches are accepted, please send me an e-mail if you have something to contribute.
Packet Dump - Wireshark Format
These are the packet dumps I did before the servers closed. It might be interesting to people who would like to analyse the packets.
Official Game Patches
The launcher is able to patch any version of the game to v1.23b, but I'm leaving the links to the patch files in case anyone would like to study the files or archive them. The links are available here. Thanks to Teh Krizz for saving these files while the original version of the game was running.